Here are the 3 most applied for retail job and functions they positions perform.
1. Retail Manager – works like any other manager, the responsibilities are: supervision, troubleshooting, employee evaluation, planning and strategizing. However, with the dawn of computers, retail managers now have to computerize and web customize the planning, strategizing and other aspects of a manager.
2. Sales Associate/Account Executive/Sales Representative - this is a retail job that sells goods and services. Salary might be commission based or per hour. They operate both in retail and wholesale, offer all sorts of products from online courses, credit cards, movie posters, and medications. Retail job openings of this kind work best online.
3. Assistant Manager – as the name implies, they assist the manager in handling the operations.
4. Processor - processes transactions, without actual contact with customers/consumers.
The top 10 best retail jobs can be found in the top 10 largest retailers.
1. Wal-Mart – because they are the world’s largest discount retailer, the employment opportunities are good and the company provides 401(k,) low-cost health insurance and discounts of 10% on produce, eyewear and general merchandise.
2. Home Depot – is a home improvement retailer, considered the largest in the world. Full-time employees of this company enjoy various benefits and incentives like the 401(k)–plus a gift program.
3. Target – the second largest discount retailer in America, they target up-scale shoppers. They provide different benefits to their employees, like 401(k) health and dental plans, a pension plan, and many more. They also give 10% discounts to employees on various items.
4. JC Penney – the largest catalog merchant, they stock apparel and home furnishings. Their new employees receive discounts upon hiring and their regular employees receive the 401(k) and other plans of all sorts.
5. Best Buy – a specialty retailer of electronics, appliances and computers, they are known for their Geek Squad and support services to their customers whether in-store or on-site. They have 3 programs for their employees: health, rewards and wealth.
6. Lowe’s- is another large home improvement retailer. Employees are eligible for tuition reimbursement, discounted online programs and other voluntary benefits. There is also the usual 401(k) and other plans.
7. Barnes and Noble – is a bookseller feature stores with coffee shops in partnership with Starbucks. They give their employees a bighearted 401(k), tuition assistance and many more. They also get a 30% discount on books.
8. Kohl’s – a store chain that focuses on national brands at discounted prices. They provide the usual benefits as other retailers but with additional special services for the employees at the corporate office.
9. Borders – are another chain of bookstores and Walden specialty stores. They give their employees protection when it comes to health and productive lives. Borders also gives progressive policies and benefits for dependents and domestic partners, as well as adoptions and emergency aid.
10. Toys "R" Us – America’s leading store chain of retail toy stores and Baby "R" Us stores. They organize an online resource and e-commerce website. Employees get the usual benefits and include competitive wages and flexible work hours for part-time employees.
If you’re looking for a retail job in one of the top 10 retail stores (or anywhere else for that matter), go to RetailCrossing.com and sign up today to instantly gain access to thousands of retail jobs. Sign up today to access our exclusive job listings in retail.