San Jose, CA, United States
Engineering, It, Sciences, Retail
Requisition Number: SS-14882
Area of Interest: Information Technology
Brand/Division: Shared Services
Position Type: Full-time
(Multiple Positions Available)
Location: San Jose, CA
About Outward, Inc.
Outward, Inc. is based in San Jose, CA and is a wholly owned subsidiary of Williams Sonoma, Inc.
At Outward Inc. our vision is to 'lower the friction' with regards to all aspects of the customer journey for our parent company and our retail customers. We do this by offering new technology solutions that enable new experiences and top-notch visualizations of their products. We are continuously pushing the boundaries of how 3D and AR/ VR technologies will drive the next generation shopping experience. Through our portfolio of premium lifestyle brands -- our mission is to deepen consumer connections with the products that matter and deliver an innovative experience.
We are positioned as a technology leader in the visual merchandising space for retail, with a focus on improving customer experiences with next-generation product visualizations.
Come and join a growing team of engineers as we solve technological riddles and push the envelope of what can be done on the web! (www.outwardinc.com)
About the role:
We are looking for talented Frontend Engineer's that would like to pick up Graphic Libraries and AR/VR talents along the way while working on projects for our e-commerce clients. Our goal is to teach you some new tricks that will not only diversify your resume, but we will almost make you a tech superhero!
What you'll be doing:
* Partnering with the UI/UX Development Team and Production team to build & maintain Best in class HTML5 Applications on Desktop and Mobile platforms
* Supporting Multiple World Renowned Brand Clients with their frontend website requirements
* Benchmarking & Profiling Web Applications
* Perform Performance Profiling and Optimization
* Participate in Design and Code Reviews
* Build Demo Applications for Sales staff to take to clients to highlight the company's strengths
* Identify and address performance bottlenecks
* Ship code that impacts millions of people and pushes boundaries of the modern customer experience
REQUIREMENTS AND QUALIFICATIONS
Who you are and what you will need to know:
* Bachelor's Degree in Computer Science or related field, or equivalent work experience
* Must be proactive, self-directed and organized
* Prior experience working on e-commerce sites is a plus!
* Design and document clear and structured APIs
* Strong background in computer science fundamentals, design patterns, algorithms and data structures
* Version control via Git
* Excellent understanding of cross-browser/cross-platform compatibility issues
* Adherence to web standards and best practices
* Good understanding of common design patterns and responsive frameworks
* Ability to collaborate with internal teams to create landing pages, digital assets, print assets and optimize user experience
* Exceptional problem solving and debugging skills
* Ability to quickly isolate and debug complex issues within the code
* Team player who is able to work with others in gathering requirements and building coherent solutions
* Highly effective communication and collaboration skills
* Ability to learn quickly in a fast-paced, dynamic team environment
* Confident in your work and care about the quality of what you produce
* Interest and ability to learn other coding languages and modern engineering tools
Nice to have skills (optional):
* Experience with at least one graphics library (ie. Direct3d, Vulkan, OpenGL, WebGL, Metal)
* Experience with Pixi, Three.js, Babylon.js and other similar libraries
* Experience with Game Development Tools/Engines like Unreal Engine 4, XNA, Unity 3D, Duality, Phaser
* Experience Writing, Debugging and Maintaining Shaders
* Experience with Automation Tools (e.g. Jenkins, Docker, )
* Knowledge of database technologies (e.g. MySQL, MSSQL, MongoDB)
* Experience with 3D applications (e.g. Maya, 3DSMax, Blender, zBrush and vRay)
* Proficiency in multiple languages (e.g. Python, PHP, Rust, C#, C/C++)
Outward's Benefits & Perks:
* Medical, Dental, Vision, & 401K
* Company-Sponsored Team Events & Staff Parties
* Recently Relocated Headquarters, Great for Commuters!
* Twice Weekly Catered Lunch
* Free healthy snacks
* Dog-friendly, bring your furry pal with you to work
* Floating holidays, PTO, and game nights
This position Will Not offer relocation or Visa Sponsorship assistance.
Outward, Inc. is an Equal Opportunity Employer.
Outward, Inc. will consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal histories in a manner consistent with the requirements of the San Francisco Fair Chance Ordinance, or other applicable state or local laws and ordinances.
Williams-Sonoma, Inc. is an Equal Opportunity Employer.
Williams-Sonoma, Inc. will consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal histories in a manner consistent with the requirements of the San Francisco Fair Chance Ordinance, or other applicable state or local laws and ordinances.
Website : http://www.williams-sonomainc.com/
Williams-Sonoma, Inc. is a multi-channel specialty retailer of high quality products for the home. In 1956, our founder, Chuck Williams, turned a passion for cooking and eating with friends into a small business with a big idea. He opened a store in Sonoma, California, to sell the French cookware that intrigued him while visiting Europe but that could not be found in America. Chuck's business, which set a standard for customer service, took off and helped fuel a revolution in American cooking and entertaining that continues today. In the decades that followed, the quality of our products, our ability to identify new opportunities in the market and our people-first approach to business have facilitated our expansion beyond the kitchen into nearly every area of the home. Additionally, by embracing new technologies and customer-engagement strategies as they emerge, we are able to continually refine our best-in-class approach to multi-channel retailing.