Tulsa, OK, United States
Requisition Number: WS-15027
Area of Interest: Retail
Position Type: Full-time
Discover your purpose...
In partnership with the General Manager, promote a sales culture to build productivity. Develop associates for future growth through hiring and developing great people. Provide leadership to achieve or exceed budgeted sales, payroll and controllable expense goals. Effectively manage store operations, maintain appropriate inventory levels and visual merchandising standards. Ensure all internal and external customers receive exemplary customer service and receive a positive store/brand experience. Ensure sales associates build relationships with customers.
Who we are...
Our mission is to enhance the quality of our customers' lives at home. We put the customer at the center of everything we do, every day. Our corporate values that guide our actions and decisions are our People First culture, customers, quality, shareholders, integrity, and corporate responsibility.
Who you are...
* Thrive in an entrepreneurial environment & are consistently looking for ways to think outside-the-box
* Proven success achieving results both independently & through others by fostering a spirit of teamwork
* Agile leader who loves to prioritize, plan & adjust their schedule to ensure business goals are achieved
* Loves to utilize critical-thinking in managing processes, routines & best practices to limit company exposure & loss
* Enjoys motivating associates by promoting team-selling & in-the-moment coaching to increase productivity
* Comfortable as the right-hand of the General Manager, able to step in for any associate or customer needs at a moment's notice
At Williams Sonoma you will...
* In partnership with the GM, ensure store meets or exceeds sales and contest goals. Meet payroll goals based on current trends.
* Prioritize, plan and adjust schedules and daily agendas to meet business goals. Hold team accountable to achieving goals.
* In partnership with the General Manager, recruit, interview, and select qualified candidates to build a talent pipeline to achieve current and future business goals.
* Train and motivate all associates through on-going programs in sales, customer service and product knowledge.
* Develop associates to assume increased levels of responsibility.
* Assess performance and provide on-going feedback; Deliver performance appraisals and development plans.
* Ensure team provides an exceptional customer experience in the store to achieve World Class Service standards.
* Maintain presence through effective floor management and ensure staff coverage in all areas of the store.
* Maintain a safe work environment and ensure ongoing safety training and awareness.
* Ensure store standards are met and maintained, i.e., visuals, cleanliness, signage, safety, etc.
* In partnership with the General Manager, manage store-operating procedures i.e., inventory levels and cash control to minimize store losses.
* Responsible for ensuring the store meets company guidelines in opening and closing.
* In partnership with the General Manager, monitor company assets through accurate inventory procedures.
* Ensure associates comply with all Company policies and procedures.
* Create and maintain an environment where all associates are treated fairly and with dignity and respect, in accordance with our People First Philosophy.
REQUIREMENTS AND QUALIFICATIONS
What we're looking for...
* College degree or equivalent job experience preferred.
* 2-3 years management experience (specialty retail preferred, but not required).
* Proven ability to manage staff to meet and exceed sales, while meeting payroll goals.
* Proven ability to identify top talent and train/develop/retain great people.
* Proven ability to think through complex issues and allocate time to execute multiple tasks and changing priorities.
* Effective communication, organization and leadership skills.
* Proven ability to motivate and influence others through personal actions and examples.
* Proven ability to achieve results both independently and through others by fostering a spirit of teamwork and cooperation.
* Ability to be mobile on the sales floor for extended periods of time.
* Ability to lift and mobilize medium to large items, up to 75 lb., while utilizing appropriate equipment and safety techniques
* Full time associates are expected to have open availability to meet the needs of the business
* Employment/promotion to this role will be contingent on successful completion of a background check.
In accordance with the Accessibility for Ontarians with Disabilities Act (the 'AODA') in Ontario, Williams-Sonoma Canada would like to advise that it complies with all applicable requirements of the AODA and, if necessary, provides accessibility for all applicants and associates with physical and mental disabilities, both during recruitment and employment If an applicant or an associate is in need of an accommodation for a disability, contact a General Manager and any store location for assistance
Williams-Sonoma, Inc. is an Equal Opportunity Employer.
Williams-Sonoma, Inc. will consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal histories in a manner consistent with the requirements of the San Francisco Fair Chance Ordinance, or other applicable state or local laws and ordinances.
Website : http://www.williams-sonomainc.com/
Williams-Sonoma, Inc. is a multi-channel specialty retailer of high quality products for the home. In 1956, our founder, Chuck Williams, turned a passion for cooking and eating with friends into a small business with a big idea. He opened a store in Sonoma, California, to sell the French cookware that intrigued him while visiting Europe but that could not be found in America. Chuck's business, which set a standard for customer service, took off and helped fuel a revolution in American cooking and entertaining that continues today. In the decades that followed, the quality of our products, our ability to identify new opportunities in the market and our people-first approach to business have facilitated our expansion beyond the kitchen into nearly every area of the home. Additionally, by embracing new technologies and customer-engagement strategies as they emerge, we are able to continually refine our best-in-class approach to multi-channel retailing.