Cherry Hill, NJ, United States
Requisition Number: WS-15025
Area of Interest: Retail
Position Type: Full-time
Discover Your Purpose...
Promote a sales culture to build productivity. Prepare for future growth through hiring and developing great people.Manage Units Per Transaction, Average Transaction, Conversion & Sales Per Hour. Provide leadership by analyzing Week-to-Date, Month-to-Date, Year-to-Date sales & develops action plans to drive top line sales. Provide leadership to achieve or exceed budgeted sales and payroll, and manage profit and loss (P&L). Effectively manage store operations, inventory levels and visual merchandising standards. Ensure all internal and external customers receive exemplary customer service and receive a positive store/brand experience. Ensure sales associates build relationships with customers. Accountable for all aspects of the store.
Who We Are...
Our mission is to enhance the quality of our customers' lives at home. We put the customer at the center of everything we do, every day. Our corporate values that guide our actions and decisions are our People First culture, customers, quality, shareholders, integrity, and corporate responsibility.
Who You Are...
* Passionate about owning your business & always empowered to make decisions that best support business needs
* Aligned with the business at all times & in tune with our product assortment in order to make selections
* Results-oriented leader, who has an excellent ability to motivate & influence others through actions & examples
* Thrive in an entrepreneurial environment & are consistently looking for ways to think outside-the-box
* Proven success achieving results both independently & through others by fostering a spirit of teamwork
* Risk-taker who is not afraid to go above & beyond to exceed a customers' expectations in order to close a sale
* Agile leader who loves to prioritize, plan & adjust their schedule to ensure business goals are achieved
* Loves to utilize critical-thinking in managing processes, routines & best practices to limit company exposure & loss
At Williams Sonoma you will....
* Ensure store meets or exceeds sales and contest goals; Meet payroll goals based on current trends.
* Prioritize, plan and adjust schedules and daily agendas to meet business goals. Hold team accountable to achieving goals.
* Recruit, interview, and select qualified candidates to build a talent pipeline to achieve current and future business goals.
* Train and motivate all associates through on-going programs in sales, customer service and product knowledge.
* Develop management team to assume increased levels of responsibility.
* Assess performance and provide on-going feedback; Complete and deliver performance appraisals and development plans
* Ensure team provides an exceptional customer experience in the store to achieve World Class Service standards.
* Maintain presence through effective floor management and ensure staff coverage in all areas of the store as needed.
* Establish and maintain a safe work environment and ensure ongoing safety training and awareness.
* Ensure store standards are met and maintained, i.e., visuals, cleanliness, signage, safety, etc.
* Manage store operating procedures, i.e., inventory levels and cash control to minimize store losses.
* Responsible for ensuring the store meets company guidelines in opening and closing.
* Ensure associates comply with all Company policies and procedures.
* Create and maintain an environment where all associates are treated fairly and with dignity and respect, in accordance with our People First Philosophy.
* Monitor assets through accurate inventory management procedures.
* Work with District Managers and peers to develop best practices in store management.
REQUIREMENTS AND QUALIFICATIONS
What We're Looking For...
* College degree or equivalent job experience preferred
* 4 + years management experience in specialty retail and/or multi-unit retail business environment.
* Proven ability to manage staff to exceed sales goals, while meeting payroll goals.
* Proven ability to identify top talent, create teams, and train/develop/retain great people.
* Proven ability to think through complex issues, and allocate time to execute multiple tasks and changing priorities.
* Effective communication, organization and leadership skills.
* Proven ability to motivate and influence others through personal actions and examples.
* Proven ability to achieve results both independently and through others by fostering a spirit of teamwork and cooperation.
* Proven ability to develop strategies and execute successfully.
* Ability to be mobile on the sales floor for extended periods of time.
* Ability to lift and mobilize medium to large items, up to 75 lb., while utilizing appropriate equipment and safety techniques.
* Full time associates are expected to have open availability to meet the needs of the business
* Employment/promotion to this role will be contingent on successful completion of a background check.
Williams-Sonoma Inc. is an Equal Opportunity Employer.
This position is not eligible for visa sponsorship or relocation.
Williams-Sonoma, Inc. is an Equal Opportunity Employer.
Williams-Sonoma, Inc. will consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal histories in a manner consistent with the requirements of the San Francisco Fair Chance Ordinance, or other applicable state or local laws and ordinances.
Website : http://www.williams-sonomainc.com/
Williams-Sonoma, Inc. is a multi-channel specialty retailer of high quality products for the home. In 1956, our founder, Chuck Williams, turned a passion for cooking and eating with friends into a small business with a big idea. He opened a store in Sonoma, California, to sell the French cookware that intrigued him while visiting Europe but that could not be found in America. Chuck's business, which set a standard for customer service, took off and helped fuel a revolution in American cooking and entertaining that continues today. In the decades that followed, the quality of our products, our ability to identify new opportunities in the market and our people-first approach to business have facilitated our expansion beyond the kitchen into nearly every area of the home. Additionally, by embracing new technologies and customer-engagement strategies as they emerge, we are able to continually refine our best-in-class approach to multi-channel retailing.